Ayurvedic Herbal Treatment for Hemorrhoids / Piles (Arsha Roga)
Piles are one of those disease which makes an individual extremely discomfortable. Piles, also known as haemorrhoids, are swollen veins of the anal canal. The inflammation may be internal, occurring inside the anus, or externally protruding mass through the anus.
Causes of piles
An irregular diet habits lead to the vitiation of all three doshas, and predominantly Vata dosha. Vitiated Vata dosha effects the digestion, leading to constipation. Due to chronic constipation, stool becomes dry and hard causing pressure over veins in the rectum. Due to prolong pressure these veins swollen up leading to haemorrhoids. Some other factors like obesity, sitting for long hours, overindulgence in intercourse, more coughing and straining, and suppressing the natural urges of the body contributes major role for causing piles.
More intake of spicy and junk foods, maida products, heavy non-vegetarian diet, less intake of water.
Type of Piles
- Raktaarsha (bleeding piles)
Symptoms of piles
- Discomfort around anus
- Pain and bleeding may occur during defecation
- Pea-sized swellings
- A pile may move down, outside of the anus.
- A mucus discharge after passing a stool.
- Itchiness around your anus.
- Soreness and inflammation around your anus.
Dry piles (shushk arsh) – In dry piles there is inflammation of the external piles, continuous pain and become unbearable while voiding the bowels.
Bleeding piles (rakta arsh) – In bleeding piles, the internal piles start bleeding and there may be excessive bleeding which lead to anaemia and consequent emaciation.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles
Ayurvedic herbal preparations cures by establishing the equilibrium of Tridosha (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) and sapt dhatus.
The main treatment of Arsh is to improve the digestion and curing of constipation. In ayurveda mainly focusing over deepan-pachan and vata anulomana.
There are several herbs named:-
- Khoon kharaba
- Nagkesar churnam
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid the intake of heavy, dry, cool, and repeatedly cooked foods.
- Avoid refined foods like jams, pastries, packaged foods.
- Also avoid tea, coffee, and alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid pickles, potatoes, more of spicy food, food prepared of maida.
- Avoid excessive fasting, overeating, having food during indigestion, and virudha aahara.
- Increase the intake of fibrous diet like whole-wheat flour, whole grains, brown rice, barley, legumes, buttermilk, sidha namak, amla, green leafy vegetables.
- Eat more fruits including oranges, figs, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, pears, papayas, apples, grapes, and mangoes.
- Increase daily liquid consumption in the form of water, soup, juice, milk, buttermilk, etc.
- Always have freshly prepare warm meal added with 1 teaspoon of cow’s ghee.
Herbal Remedies for Piles
- Pranda gutika
- Arshoghni vati
- Kasisadi taila
- Erand tailam
- Arshkuthar ras
- Panchsakaar churnam